Clinic Director - Family Medicine MD/DO (4579)
$210,000 - $210,000/annum
- United States -- California -- San Jose
Wednesday, January 8, 2020
29 Jan 2020 23:59
A well-established non-profit clinic north of San Jose, California is seeking a seeking a Clinical Director (Family Medicine Physician) . Be part of a team providing quality care to all residents of the community. Enjoy all the amenities of living in the Bay Area, great work-life balance, and convenient access to two International Airports.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provides professional medical services for clinic patients including taking medical histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering lab tests and prescribing treatments and medications.
- Performs minor surgical procedures, adapt treatment programs as indicated and refer patients for consultation and special services.
- Discusses medical progress with patients and family.
- Fill out forms and maintain correspondence with hospitals and other community organizations involved in the medical care of clinic patients.
- Provides clinical guidance to physicians, mid-level practitioners, nurses and lead medical assistants, including chart review, co-signing, consultation, and case conferences.
- Provides back-up for mid-levels and review 10% of charts for Physician Assistants, as well as for Nurse Practitioners who have not obtained their Furnishing License (of medications).
- Individual reviews, monitors and updates the clinic's medical policies and procedures and provides clinical guidance and oversight.
- Acts as a medical resource for clinical and non-clinical staff. Additionally provides consultation on the assessment, management and treatment of complicated cases.
- Oversees the administrative responsibilities in his/her area of practice and expertise that will include, but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, supervision, and evaluation of professional personnel.
- Provides ongoing development and review of protocols to ensure optimized care for patients is in compliance with licensing agencies, and in keeping with good medical practices.
- Participates in quality assurance and improvement activities, including the development and measurements of goals and efforts to address identified problems. Participates in agency-wide QA Committee, QA activities and Peer Review as needed.
- Represents clinic to the professional medical community and other institutions as requested and as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer, provides perspective on any/all issues of concern to the sites and/or agency. This includes input on strategic planning, clinical operations, program development and grant management.
- MD or DO from accredited medical school
- Board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine
- California license and DEA
- 2 years experience in healthcare leadership role.
- 5 years experience as a physician in a primary care setting.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to the medical needs of a diverse population
- Must have a passion for working with the underserved
Compensation Package Includes:
- Competitive base salary and full benefits
- 403B employer matching program
- Generous benefits and PTO
- Commute program spending account
All inquiries confidential, apply today!